Guernsey County Auditor’s Sale of Forfeited Lands
Auction to be held at: Pritchard Laughlin Civic Center 7033 John Glenn Highway, Cambridge, OH 43725
Thursday June 17th 2021
Live Onsite Auction w/ Online Bidding
*107 Parcels in Guernsey County * Mostly Vacant Land * Some Improvements
PLEASE SEE ATTACHED LIST IN DOCUMENTS TAB. ONLINE PLATFORM WITH PICS WILL BE AVAILABLE NEXT WEEK FOR REVIEW. NO PREBIDS.
Minimum Bids posted on bidding platform are for the first round of bidding. If no bid is placed the 2nd round of bids will start at $300. Winning bidders will need two checks day of sale. 1 for the 10% Buyers Premium and 1 for the 10% down and closing costs. Please see full list of terms in documents tab
Due to COVID-19, the location of the sale will be at the Pritchard Laughlin Civic Center located at 7003 Glenn Highway, Cambridge, OH 43725, in order to comply with social distancing guidelines.
In person seating will be limited Doors open at 10:00 AM.
In an effort to expedite the registration process, the Auditor’s office is now accepting pre-registration forms for those who want to bid at the sale.
Pre-registration is recommended prior to auction. Form located in documents tab. You may pre-register prior to the sale by mail, fax or in person at the Guernsey County Auditor Office on the second floor of the Guernsey County Administration Building.
General Terms: 10% Buyers Premium. Valid drivers license or state ID, 10% nonrefundable down payment day of sale with the balance due at closing. No financing or other contingencies, property sells “AS IS.” Any required inspections must be completed prior to bidding. Sellers to transfer all owned mineral rights. Property sells subject to all articles of record. Announcements day of sale take precedence over all previous advertising and statements.
Auction by Order of:
Tony Brown, Guernsey County Auditor
10% Buyers Premium.
Every tract of land foreclosed for delinquent taxes (5721.18) or a tax lien (323.25) that has been properly offered for sale on two separate occasions, not less than two weeks apart and not sold shall be forfeited to the state (5723.01) and the County Auditor will offer it for sale to the highest bidder (5723.05 & 5723.06). If any parcel is offered for sale under this section of the revised code and remains unsold, the auditor may, at any time prior to the next sale, again advertise and again offer it for sale (5723.07). An outline of the procedure follows:
Prior to Auditor's Sale:
1. Once the property is offered and not sold pursuant to the Ohio Revise Code, the political subdivisions in which the property is located are notified by the court that the properties did not sell. If ten (10) days pass and no petition has been filed for forfeiture to a subdivision, then the county prosecuting attorney certifies to the court that the property is forfeited to the State of Ohio (5723.01). In order to do this, the following information must be obtained:
a. Last recorded title holder
b. The two sales dates
c. Description of the property.
2. The forfeited property is exempted from taxation from the date of the forfeiture to the state until sold. The proportion of taxes between these two dates will be remitted by the county auditor (5723.02).
3. The auditor fixes the date for the Auditor's Sale of Forfeited Lands and advertises them once a week for two consecutive weeks prior to the sale (5723.05). The ads must contain specific verbiage according to ORC.
4. The owner may pay taxes and costs and redeem any time prior to time of the sale.
5. Within 10 days of compiling the Forfeited List, the Auditor must forward it to ODNR. They may select parcels "situated within the boundaries of any legally established state forest or park purchase area". ODNR may give written notice to the auditor prior to sales date indicating the director's intention to purchase forfeited land for the state. Such notice is a legal minimum bid and if no bid is received that covers the lesser of the auditor's market value or the total taxes, costs, etc. (5721.16(A)(1)(2)), the land is deemed sold to the state for no consideration and ODNR shall record the deed.
Day of Auditor's Sale:
1. There will be two sales held the day of the auction, immediately following each other. You must register to participate in the auction. The Auditor's Sale will commence at 11:00 a.m. The parcels are offered to the highest bidder, beginning with the first tract contained in the list. Parcels are offered separately and in their entirety. This is Sale #1 and the minimum starting bid (5721.16(A) (1) (2)) must be the lesser of the Auditor's fair market value or the total of all costs, taxes, and charges.
2. Any parcels not sold in Sale#1 are immediately offered in Sale #2. Sale #2 begins at the top of the list and offers the parcels separately and in their entirety. This time the minimum bid is the best price obtainable. We recommend you talk with your own legal counsel prior to purchase in regards to unexpected expenses.
3. Tracts may be offered multiple times at a same sale until sold or may adjourn the sale from day to day until all tracts listed in the notice are sold.
4. Unsold parcels may be re-advertised and sold at the next official Auditor's Sale. This adds to the costs.
5. Parcels may NOT be sold to:
a. Any person delinquent on real property taxes in the State of Ohio.
b. For less than total amount of taxes, assessments, penalties, interest, and costs if the highest bidder is the owner of record or a member of their immediate family prior to the judgment of foreclosure or forfeiture. (Immediate family is described by this statue as spouse who resides in the same household and children.)
6. The Auditor issues a Certificate of Sale to the successful bidder (5723.12), collects the non-refundable down payment (ten percent (10%) of the total due or a $300.00 minimum bid, (whichever is greater), buyer’s premium of ten percent (10%) of successful bid due the day of the sale to auctioneer, (Kaufman Auctions LLC), the fees to transfer (Recording fee, Transfer Fee(s) and Auditor Deed preparation fee) and the bidder signs certifications (5723.06) that he/she owes no delinquent property taxes and that he/she is unrelated to previous owner. A non-refundable deposit on the full bid price (plus additional charges for deed fees, recording fees, and transfer fees) must be paid at the sale for all properties. We will accept personal checks unless otherwise indicated. Any checks that are dishonored (bounced checks) will be sent to the Guernsey County Prosecutor. If not paid in full on the date of the sale, the bidder must, within 10 days from the sale, produce and return to the auditor the Certificate of Sale along with any bid balance due. The purchaser becomes the owner on the date our office executes the deed and deed is recorded. The Auditor's Office will only prepare a deed in the name of the Successful Bidder unless an Assignment of Bid is presented.
7. If a person being a winning bidder of a parcel and, after the auction is closed, refuses to accept the parcel, any amount paid above the required down payment or minimum bid will be refunded, but the down payment or minimum bid is not refundable. If a person refuses to accept the parcel, he or she will no longer be an eligible bidder for future Auditor's Sales.
8. The Back-up Bidder's information will be taken at the same time as the purchaser's information. If the purchaser fails to meet their final payment due date, the back-up bidder will have ten (10) business days to bring the money for the same purchase price as the original purchaser's bid. If the back-up bidder declines to purchase the property, it will go back into the system and be offered at our next scheduled sale. If the auditor discovers within three years after the sale date that the buyer is connected to the owner of record prior to the judgment of foreclosure or forfeiture, the difference between sale price and what was owed on the parcel will be added to the tax bill within thirty (30) days from discovery and due the next billing cycle.
9. If foreclosed upon under ORC 5721.14, any remaining delinquent taxes, assessments, charges, penalties, interests and costs due after sale shall be remitted (5723.06 (C)) for all prior tax years except: If the parcel is sold for the total amount estimated by the treasurer for all taxes, assessments, costs, etc. and it is found that the purchase price exceeds the actual costs, the overpayment is refunded to the buyer; if the estimate is less than the actual costs, the underpayment is billed on the next real estate tax billing cycle (5723.06 (D)). This normally does not apply as Guernsey County generally does not foreclose under this section.
10. All liens are eliminated, except for the real estate tax liens. If there is a Federal lien, the Federal Government has "Right of Redemption" and may re-take the property for a period of up to one year after the original foreclosure was filed. If this occurs, the buyer will receive only the amount he paid at the Auditor's sale as reimbursement and no more, regardless of improvements done after the purchase.
11. Notice: Entering the property without the permission of owner(s) or occupant(s) is a violation of the Ohio Revised Code Section 2911.21, punishable by up to thirty (30) days in jail and/or a fine of $250.00. Furthermore, physically removing any property of the occupant(s) without a court order, even after receiving the deed may result a civil or criminal liability
12. Notice: All prospective bidders are hereby put on notice that one or more of the properties that are being offered for sale at this Auditor Forfeited Land Sale is a contaminated site and may be the subject of an Ohio Environmental Protection Agency order. Any person(s) who take title to such property may incur liability therefrom and must comply with Ohio Law in the clean-up of said property.
13. Notice: All sales come with the all sales come with the cautionary “As-Is” “Where-is” and “Buyer Beware” labels. Parcels are not available for tour or inspection before the Auditor’s Sale. The Guernsey County Auditor has no keys for access to any building and gives no warranty or guarantee on any building or property, nor is the Guernsey County Auditor responsible for the condition of the buildings or property. Properties are subject to easements, restrictions, reservations and zoning regulations of record. The Guernsey County Auditor cannot give any warranty of title, additionally, the Auditor does not give any representation regarding possession, eviction, prior inspection, scheduled demolition, health code violations, federal tax liens, removal of personal property or any other matters.
14. Finalization of sale - Full and final payments must be made within ten (10) business days from the date of sale. No extension of time will be granted. If payment is not made in full on the 10th business day, the Successful Bidder will forfeit 10% down payment or minimum bid paid and the parcel(s) will be offered to the Back-up Bidder for the same price. Back-up Bidders will then be given ten (10) business days to pay in full.
15. Property sold at the forfeited land sale will not transfer to the Successful Bidder until the deed is delivered to the Guernsey County Recorder. This process will take thirty (30) days after the sale date. As stated above, the Successful Bidder cannot enter the property, alter it, or remove anything from the property until ownership is finalized by the deed being recorded at the Guernsey County Recorder Office.
16. Successful Bidder is a company - include business filing documents validating the company’s status with the Secretary of State. Appropriate screen prints from the Secretary of State website will suffice.
17. Sales are conducted based solely upon the permanent parcel number of the property. The accuracy/inaccuracy of addresses provided in the county records may be addressed at the Guernsey County Map Department. The entire legal description of the property will not be read at the auction due to the length of it.
Please read Kaufman Realty & Auctions, LLC’s, Kaufman Realty & Auctions WV, LLC’s, and Kaufman Auction’s
(collectively, “Kaufman”) Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) carefully. By accessing
www.kaufman-auctions.com, www.kaufmanauctionswv.com, and any and all related website links of Kaufman
(collectively, “Website”) or by participating in an online auction, You signify Your consent to both these Terms &
a binding legal agreement between You as the user (“You”, “Your” or “Bidder”) and Kaufman, its subsidiaries,
affiliates, and Kaufman’s commonly owned affiliated companies (collectively “Kaufman,” “We”, “Us” or
“Our”). These Terms & Conditions set forth the legally binding terms for Your use of Kaufman’s services and shall
apply to all users of Kaufman’s Website. By using this Website, You agree to and are bound by these Terms &
Conditions and also acknowledge that: (a) You have had the opportunity to review all of the information
located on the “Help & Support” page located at https://www.kaufman-auctions.com/support/ (and links
therein) and (b) You have had the opportunity to ask questions regarding the use of Kaufman’s Website by
telephone or email and to have those questions answered. Additionally, by accepting these Terms & Conditions,
You acknowledge that Kaufman is not the Owner or Seller of items contained in these online auctions
and that Kaufman is acting solely as the agent for the Owner or Seller. You also acknowledge that no relationship
of any type or nature is created between You and Kaufman (including but not limited to employee,
independent contractor, or agent). However, Kaufman reserves its rights to enforce all terms of sale included in
accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
1.1 Additional Terms.
You will be required to agree to additional terms and conditions on a per online auction basis. These additional
terms and conditions are stated in the specific online auction in which You choose to participate. These additional
terms are hereby incorporated into Kaufman’s Terms & Conditions as an integral part hereof.
1.2 Modification of Terms.
Kaufman may modify these Terms & Conditions at any time and such modification shall be effective upon
being posted on Kaufman’s Website at https://www.kaufman-auctions.com/support/terms/. You agree to be
bound to any changes to these Terms & Conditions when You use the Website or participate in an online
auction after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that You keep Yourself up to date with
these Terms & Conditions and any changes to them.
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS ARE LEGALLY BINDING AND IF YOU VIOLATE ANY PART OF THEM, KAUFMAN MAY
SEEK LEGAL RELIEF, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPORTING YOUR CONDUCT TO APPROPRIATE LAW
ENFORCEMENT ENTITIES. PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS INCLUDE AN AGREEMENT BY WHICH YOU
INDEMNIFY KAUFMAN AND SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF HOLMES OR TUSCARAWAS COUNTY,
OHIO FOR ANY DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND ANY SERVICES
OFFERED BY KAUFMAN.
ACCESS AND USE OF THE WEBSITE
2. Website Access.
(888) 852-4111 | www.kaufmanrealty.com | www.kaufman-auctions.com
Kaufman hereby grants You permission to use the Website as set forth in these Terms & Conditions, provided
that: (a) You will not alter or modify any part of the Website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use
the Website for its intended purpose and/or in a manner allowed by Kaufman; and (b) You will otherwise
comply with all of these Terms & Conditions.
2.1 Use of the Website.
You accept sole responsibility for all Your activities using the Website, including Your conduct on the Website
and any all content You may submit, post, or share via the Website. You may not use the Website for any
unauthorized or illegal purpose. You further agree not to copy, reproduce, or publicly display any content from
the Website outside the functions of the Website without first obtaining written permission from Kaufman. You
will be responsible for ensuring that You do not violate any laws of Your jurisdiction. You will not upload or
transmit viruses, worms, or any other destructive code.
2.2 Bidder Account and Password.
(i) In order to bid on the Website, You will have to create a Bidder Account. You should never use someone
else’s Bidder Account without permission. You are responsible for maintaining the security of Your Bidder
Account, password and any personal account information or purchase invoices. You are solely responsible and
liable for the activity and purchases that occur under Your Bidder Account. You accept sole responsibility for
keeping Your password secure. Kaufman will not be held responsible for Your losses caused by any unauthorized
use of Your Bidder Account; furthermore, You may be held liable to the losses to Kaufman or others due to
such unauthorized use.
(ii) It is in Kaufman’s sole discretion to accept or decline the instructions of any individual who claims to be
authorized to make direct changes to Your Bidder Account, so long as the person presents the appropriate
account information. We shall not be responsible for the actions made by any individuals who misuse or misappropriate
Your account information or other assets using Your Bidder Account, password, or other appropriate
identifying information. If Your Bidder Account has been compromised, it is Your responsibility to notify Us immediately
of any unauthorized use on Your Bidder Account.
If You would like to participate in Our online auctions, You must become a registered bidder and create a
Bidder Account. You agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about You and/or
Your organization, as applicable, and as requested during the registration process.
By using Kaufman’s Website, You represent and warrant that (a) all registration information is truthful and
accurate; (b) You will maintain the accuracy of such information; and (c) You are 18 years of age or older and
have full legal capacity to complete such contractual action without need for any additional approval or
consents. If You do not qualify, You are not permitted to participate in Our online auctions.
COMMUNICATION WITH YOU
4. Customer Service Contact
To contact Our Customer Service – please use any of the options listed below:
i. Contact Us Online: Send Us a message online by completing and submitting the information located
at https://www.kaufman-auctions.com/support/contact/. Specific online auctions may also contain a
“Contact Us” section that can be completed and submitted.
ii. Contact Us by Phone: (888) 852-4111 during the service hours of 9AM – 4PM (ET), Monday through
Friday.* Specific online auctions may also contain contact information for individuals that can be
contacted via telephone and/or email.
Page 2 of 7
(888) 852-4111 | www.kaufmanrealty.com | www.kaufman-auctions.com
iii. Contact Us by Mail: Kaufman Realty & Auctions, LLC, P.O. Box 422, Sugarcreek, Ohio 44681 and 399
W. Main St., Bridgeport, WV 26330
*Our service hours may be reduced during certain national and/or religious holidays.
4.1 Email Communication
Kaufman and Our partners and agents reserve the right to send messages to You regarding any matter related
to the Website, including but not limited to Your Bidder Account, online auctions, items in online auctions, and
these Terms & Conditions. Further, You consent to receive such emails at the email address(es) You enter into
Your Bidder Account.
4.2 Telephone Communication
Kaufman and Our partners and agents reserve the right to contact You via telephone (either by a live person,
automatic dialer, prerecorded message, or a combination of the foregoing) regarding any matter related to
the Website, including but not limited to Your Bidder Account, the online auctions, the items in the online
auctions, and these Terms & Conditions. Further, You consent to receive such phone calls at the telephone
number(s) You enter into Your Bidder Account.
4.3 Text Communication
Kaufman and Our partners and agents reserve the right to contact You via text message if You opt in to “Text
Alerts” in Your Bidder Account. By opting in for this functionality, you consent to receive text messages by
automated means. Allowing “Text Alerts” is not a condition of purchase. This service is free from Kaufman;
however carrier message and data rates may apply. To take advantage of Kaufman text messaging alerts, you
must have a text messaging-enabled mobile device with a text messaging plan. The number for this device
must be entered in as Your “Phone Number” in Your Bidder Account.
4.4 Direct Mail Communication
Kaufman and Our partners and agents may send you promotional details for Our services which We believe
may interest You. If at any time You do not wish to receive these communications, please send Us a message
WARRANTY OF ITEMS
5. Warranty of Items
All items are sold AS IS, WHERE IS, with NO WARRANTY, express or implied. All guarantees of authenticity, express
or implied, are hereby disclaimed. Dimensions given for items may be approximate measurements. Do not
assume a lot consists of more than one item simply because they are connected or pictured together. Please
read the descriptions carefully to determine what is included in each lot. There shall be no returns or exchanges
of items purchased by You. Kaufman makes all efforts to accurately describe items, but You accept any and
all responsibility for viewing, verifying, and purchasing items.
5.1 Changes in Circumstances
All aspects of an online auction are subject to change without prior notice. Kaufman reserves the right to (a)
add or remove items from an online auction; (b) split or combine lots; (c) make changes to the online auction
ending times and pick-up date and/or time; (d) cancel, suspend, extend, or reschedule an individual item
and/or online auction event; and (e) take any other action Kaufman deems necessary to affect the fair conduct
of an online auction.
6. Binding Offer
(888) 852-4111 | www.kaufmanrealty.com | www.kaufman-auctions.com
Placing a bid constitutes a binding offer between You the Bidder and the Owner/Seller that cannot be rescinded
or retracted. If the bid is accepted by Kaufman (as determined by Kaufman in its sole discretion), You are
contractually obligated to buy the item at the price stated as Your bid, as well as other applicable taxes, fees,
and buyer premiums stated in the specific online auction you choose to participate in.
PRIOR TO BIDDING, IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, ALL
OF THE INFORMATION LOCATED ON https://www.kaufman-auctions.com/support (AND LINKS THEREIN), AND THE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATED IN THE SPECIFIC ONLINE AUCTION YOU CHOOSE TO PARTICIPATE IN. ENSURE
THAT THE AUCTION PICK-UP DATE AND TIME WORKS WITH YOUR SCHEDULE BEFORE BIDDING. KAUFMAN CANNOT
GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE THE WINNER OF ANY ITEM. ADDITIONALLY, TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE IN RESPECT TO
ALL PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS.
6.2 Placing a Bid.
Depending on the specific online auction, You may place bids in the following ways: (1) Max Bid; (2) ForceBid/-
JumpBid; and (3) Ultimate Choice Bidding Platform.
Max Bid allows You to enter Your Max Bid and the system will continue to bid for You by increments until it
reaches Your Max Bid.
ForceBid/JumpBid is a bidding strategy by which a bidder increases the bid by more than the next accepted
bid (for example, placing your bid at $150 when the next accepted bid is $125). This practice is used by some
bidders to discourage others from bidding in hopes of acquiring an item at a lower price. There are many
theories on the effectiveness of this practice and if You choose to apply this practice, You do so at Your own
If the Ultimate Choice Bidding Platform is being utilized, there is no max bidding feature. Once You have
clicked on the lot or combination of lots and click get price, You then have two options. You can simply click
submit bid to enter Your bid at the amount displayed or You can enter a higher bid in the space provided. Your
bid will be implemented at this amount. This is not max bidding, so the bid will be placed at the exact amount
If the specific auction You choose to participate in is online only, bidding will begin at a certain time and date
and end at a certain time and date. Depending on the specific auction You choose to participate in, should a
bid be placed within a certain amount of minutes before the auction’s ending time, the ending time will automatically
be extended from the time that bid is placed. The time will continue to extend until the bidding
activity has stopped. The online only auction closes when the timer on the auction hits zero. The winning bidder
of an item is the last bidder the bid history recorded before the timer hits zero. Kaufman, in its sole discretion,
may determine when and how long it chooses to extend the auction’s ending time.
If the specific auction You choose to participate is online and live (simulcast), pre-bidding will begin at a
certain time and date and end at a certain time and date. The actual live portion of the auction in which
online and live bidding will occur will begin at a certain time and date and end on the same date at a later
You can read more about auction terminology and the bidding functions and how they operate at:
6.3 Bid Notifications.
(i) Outbid Alerts will be sent via email to You if You have been outbid.
(ii) High Bid Alerts will be sent via email to You if You are the high bidder.
(888) 852-4111 | www.kaufmanrealty.com | www.kaufman-auctions.com
(iii) Low Bid Alerts will be sent via email to You if You are the low bidder.
For the above notifications, if elected, You can also receive text notifications. Notifications can be configured
in Your Bidder Account.
PAYMENT, SHIPPING & LIABILITY
7. Payment Types
Kaufman accepts VISA®, MasterCard®, and Discover® as acceptable payment for items purchased. Any
purchase in excess of $2,500.00 must be paid via wire transfer. You may be required to present current identification
(such as a valid driver’s license or state ID) at time of pick-up. Items will not leave the auction premises
until payment, including all applicable taxes, fees, and buyer’s premiums, have been made in full. Payment
type restrictions for an entire auction or an individual item may apply. Please read the additional terms and
conditions stated in the specific online auction in which You choose to participate.
7.1 Buyer’s Premium & Sales Tax
If You are the successful bidder, You agree to pay the amount of Your bid plus the buyer’s premium stated in
the specific online auction in which You chose to participate in, plus any and all applicable state and local
7.2 Tax Exempt
If You are a tax exempt bidder, it is Your obligation to go to Your Bidder Account and fill in Your tax exempt
number. You will also need to contact Kaufman to confirm Your status as a tax exempt bidder for the specific
online auction You choose to participate in.
7.3 Payment Instructions
You will receive a final invoice via email when You are the winning bidder. Payment terms are specified in the
specific online auction’s terms and conditions in which You choose to participate in.
Shipping may be available in some auctions but is not guaranteed to be available in any or all auctions. Please
check the specific online auction’s terms and conditions in which You to choose to participate in for shipping
costs and availability. Shipping is always at Your expense. Shipping insurance is recommended for all shipped
items and must be arranged by You. Kaufman is not responsible for items damaged during the shipping and
7.5 Liability Regarding Purchases
YOU AGREE THAT KAUFMAN SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING
ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND COURT COSTS), DEMANDS FOR INJURIES, OR DAMAGES TO ANY PERSON OR PROPERTY
ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ANY SERVICES OFFERED BY KAUFMAN, AND ANY
ITEMS PURCHASED BY YOU ON THE WEBSITE.
7.6 Failure to Remit Payment
Any items not paid for in accordance with these Terms & Conditions and the specific online auction’s terms
and conditions in which you chose to participate in will be forfeited by You and shall be deemed a breach.
Kaufman may, in its sole and absolute discretion, resell the items. Any default by You will be subject to any and
all damages that Kaufman incurs, including but not limited to interest, collection fees, moving and disposal
fees, and reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. Your bidding privileges may be in jeopardy and may be
revoked if You fail to remit payment for an invoice issued. You are also advised that Kaufman may aggressively
enforce its rights to the fullest extent of the law, including civil and/or criminal prosecution.
(888) 852-4111 | www.kaufmanrealty.com | www.kaufman-auctions.com
Kaufman reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to permanently terminate Your access to Your
Bidder Account at any time effective immediately, with or without notice, if We determine or suspect You have
violated these Terms & Conditions, any other specific terms and conditions of an online auction, any laws, or
the rights of other users or third parties. In the event of termination by Kaufman, Kaufman may pursue any
remedy that may be available, at law or in equity, with respect to such breach (including but not limited to
recovery of the damages incurred by Kaufman set forth in Paragraph 7.6). Regardless of the reason for any
termination, You agree that Kaufman, in its sole discretion, may cancel all current bids placed, withhold items
not picked up, or otherwise retain any and all of Your pending purchases.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Kaufman and its members, managers, directors, employees, agents,
affiliates, licensors, agents, and other partners (collectively, the “Indemnified Persons”) harmless from any loss,
cost, expense, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, suffered by any Indemnified
Persons due to, arising out of, or in connection with (i) Your use of the Website and any services offered by
Kaufman; (ii) any violation by You of these Terms and Conditions, any other specific terms and conditions of an
online auction, and any applicable law; and (iii) items purchased by You on the Website.
EVENTS BEYOND CONTROL
10. Interruption of Service
Kaufman shall not be responsible or liable for any interruption in service, errors, and/or omissions caused by any
means and does not guarantee continual, uninterrupted or error free service or use of the Website. With current
technology, it is not possible to develop and operate computer programs (software) and data processing
systems (hardware) entirely without error, or to rule out any unpredictable events in connection with the Internet.
You acknowledge that the Website is conducted electronically and relies on hardware and software that
may malfunction without warning. In the event of any malfunction relating to the Website, We, in Our sole
discretion, may void any sale, temporarily suspend bidding and/or re-sell any item/lot affected by any malfunction.
The trademarks, logos, characters and service marks (collectively “Trademarks”) displayed on the Website
belong to Kaufman or are used with permission. Nothing contained on the Website should be construed as
granting any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Website. Your use/misuse of the Trademarks
displayed on the Website, or any other content on the Website, except as provided in these Terms & Conditions,
is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Kaufman will aggressively enforce its intellectual property
rights to the fullest extent of the law.
GOVERNING LAW & MEDIATION/ARBITRATION
12. Governing Law
These Terms & Conditions and their interpretation shall be governed by the laws of the state of Ohio.
(888) 852-4111 | www.kaufmanrealty.com | www.kaufman-auctions.com
IN THE EVENT OF ANY DISPUTE ARISING OUT OF RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND ANY SERVICES
OFFERED BY KAUFMAN, YOU AGREE THAT THE VENUE AND JURISDICTION FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE SUBJECT TO
THE EXCLUSIVE VENUE AND JURISDICTION OF HOLMES OR TUSCARAWAS, COUNTY, OHIO IF THE ONLINE AUCTION
IS CONDUCTED BY KAUFMAN REALTY & AUCTIONS, LLC OR IN HARRISON COUNTY, WEST VIRGINIA IF THE ONLINE
AUCTION IS CONDUCTED BY KAUFMAN REALTY & AUCTIONS WV, LLC.
The provisions of these Terms & Conditions and any additional terms and conditions stated in the specific online
auction in which You choose to participate in are severable, and if any part of them are found to be unenforceable,
the other paragraphs shall remain in full force and effect.
The headings in these Terms & Conditions are included for convenience only and shall neither affect the construction
or interpretation of any provision in these Terms & Conditions nor affect any of the rights or obligations
of You and Kaufman.